NO YEAST Soda Bread

I am a lazy baker.

BUT

I love serving homemade food.

This recipe I mixed IN MY BREADMAKER,
on QUICKDOUGH,
but baked in a conventional oven.

My first attempt with this recipe, the dough was very dry, but the second batch I used the following recipe
and the dough was perfect.


  • 4 level cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tbsp sugar/honey
  • 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder

Combine

Pour into breadmaker if you are using NOW.

in a measuring cup:


  • 1 3/4 cups water
  • 2 tbsp. oil
  • 1 tbsp. vinegar (I used cider)

Combine in your bowl
or pour into an already started QUICKDOUGH setting (6 minutes)


  • Heat oven to 400.
  • Pour dough out onto a VERY LIGHTLY floured surface.
  • Cut dough in 1/2.
  • Knead each ball gently for 2 minutes (no need to overdo it).
  • Shape into round ball about 1 1/2 inches high.
  • With a sharp knife make an X in the top of the dough.
  • Bake 40 minutes.

When you take it out,
while it is still hot,
glaze with melted butter.
**This will not only flavour it but soften the crust.





The large loaf is the first batch.

It rose fine but was not nearly as big

and quite a bit dry
(tea biscuit consistency)








"BON APPETIT!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

"Debbie's Yelling at Me to Post This" Loaded Baked Potato Soup