Peanut Butter / Banana loaf with crunchy topping

So, I was emptying my baking cupboard (as I do every November) and found some muffin mixes. 
Today's easy dessert is made from a banana muffin mix.

I am calling it the ELVIS special.




1 - 220g banana muffin mix
1 egg
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup powdered milk
1/3 cup of peanut butter (all I had left in the conatiner)

Mix well and pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Remove immediately to cool. (I use glass loaf pans so mine keep cooking if I do not)

1/3 container of vanilla icing (its what I had left or make some)
I used a 1/4 cup "sweet caramel sprinkle" from Pampered Chef I had
http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=16633&catId=12
(nuts, toffee chips and cinnamon)

Mix well. 

Put cake back into the baking pan when cool.
Ice right in the baking dish.

This was an amazing surprise mix of tastes. Definite do over.

Could definitely used an over ripe banana but I didn't have any!

"BON APPETIT!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Bread (known as challah, houska or chalka)