Roasted veggies

I have noticed my tastes changing in the last year. I appreciate home cooking more now than before the illness last year. I guess not being able to eat for months on end, makes you appreciate the taste of food more.

I took:
6-8 large potatoes
4-6 carrots
1 small turnip

Dice all veggies into large pieces and place in layers into a roaster, drizzle with oil and sprinkle (I was heavy handed) with italian seasoning.
I served this with fried pork chops and apple sauce.

Everyone loved it. Including a fussy little eater named Chloe.


Now knowing it is better to cook once and enjoy twice, I puposely made too much!
So tonight, I took those leftover potatoes and threw them in the crock pot.
I added:

1 can of corn (or frozen)
1 box of beef broth
2 stalks of diced celery
1/2 onion chopped

and 4 diced fast fry steaks diced and lightly browned in some of the beef broth.

Add to the crock pot and heat for 2-3 hours......

Judy came back for more.

"Bon appetit!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

"Debbie's Yelling at Me to Post This" Loaded Baked Potato Soup