Magic Mix (Gluten Free Options)

After hunting high and low for a condensed Cream of Chicken soup locally I decided to look for a recipe online where I could make my own and not worry about sodium and other yucky stuff in cream soups.. and make my own Gluten Free Condensed Soup.

I started with a recipe for:

Magic Mix

2 1/3 cups Dry Non-Instant Powdered Milk
1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (Note you can use regular All Purpose if you don't need GF)
1 cup Butter, at room temperature

1). Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

(It really resembles cornmeal if you ask me)

2). Using a whisk attachment, mix ingredients together slowly at first, then gradually increase speed until incorporated.


3). Keep mix tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.



Here it is all jarred and ready to be stored in my fridge. I just need a label and an expiry date on it. 

This recipe as well as others are also posted on my blog as we are now on this gluten free journey but I thought I would share it over here also. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

"Debbie's Yelling at Me to Post This" Loaded Baked Potato Soup