- Roast the whole pumpkin half with only about 1/4 cup of water in the center for about 2 hours on 250 degrees.
- scrape soft flesh away from the pumpkin skin
- puree the pumpkin until smooth (do in small batches)
- pour into a very large mixing bowl or pot
- add 2 cups milk or cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp. butter (I omitted)
- salt to taste (I never add salt)
Once mixed I cooked on low in a crock pot for 3 hours.
Serve on pasta, ravioli or tortellini with fresh bread and a salad.