I found a HUGE zucchini at
the Talbotville Berry Farm yesterday
and knew I had to stuff it!
1) Trim off the top of my zucchini,
so it looks like a boat.
Then hollow out the seeds,
reserving any of the meatier parts.
2) In a food processor blend:
***but you could any vegetables like:
to make a vegetable chutney.
3) In a bowl mix:
any ground meat (beef and venison here this time)
salt and pepper
4) Stuff the meat into the zucchini
5) Pour the chutney over the length of the zucchini
6) Bake at 300 (I had to use my turkey roaster) for about an hour.
7) Sprinkle with grated cheese or parmesan
8) Broil for a short time to melt the cheese
Serve with rice or egg noodles, by slicing off "steaks".
The family liked it "plain" this way, but I would have liked a sauce of some sort. I keep thinking bbq sauce, but next time I think my vegetable chutney may be added to a tomato soup sauce or spaghetti sauce.