Stuffed Zucchini Boat

I found a HUGE zucchini at 
the Talbotville Berry Farm yesterday 









and knew I had to stuff it!

1) Trim off the top of my zucchini, 
so it looks like a boat.
Then hollow out the seeds, 
reserving any of the meatier parts.









2) In a food processor blend:

reserved zucchini
tomatoes
celery
onion 
garlic
green peppers
***but you could any vegetables like:
mushrooms
carrots etc.

to make a vegetable chutney.

3) In a bowl mix: 
any ground meat (beef and venison here this time)
bread crumbs
1 egg
salt and pepper
italian seasoning

4) Stuff the meat into the zucchini

5) Pour the chutney over the length of the zucchini

6) Bake at 300 (I had to use my turkey roaster) for about an hour.









7) Sprinkle with grated cheese or parmesan

8) Broil for a short time to melt the cheese

Serve with rice or egg noodles, by slicing off "steaks".









The family liked it "plain" this way, but I would have liked a sauce of some sort. I keep thinking bbq sauce, but next time I think my vegetable chutney may be added to a tomato soup sauce or spaghetti sauce.


"Bon Appetit!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna