Beer Batter for Fondue

Every New Years Eve growing up had us sitting around the kitchen table with two pots of oil, one for veggies and one for meat. Table would be littered with bowls of cubes and chunks of food to be speared and fried. Tradition also had at least two bowls of this batter.

3/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Corn Starch
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup beer*
2 eggs

*Beer can be whatever you have in the fridge.

Mix dry ingredients together. Add eggs and beer. Beat until batter is creamy and smooth. Dip sliced franks, shrimp, beef, cubed hard cheese, pineapple and other fruit.

Comments

  1. So glad I found this recipe - could not find my copy anywhere!!!! It is the exact recipe from my Mother (dating back to the 70s when fondue was all the rage). Hadn't ever heard of using sliced franks but that sounds like an awesome way to encourage my kids to give fondue a try for our New's Years Eve celebration tonite. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is my Mom's recipe I lost! I'm doing this on New Years Eve in memory of her! Thanks! 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna