Sun dried tomatoes AT HOME

Recently my recipes are 
Calling for sun dried tomatoes
More and more often.

Today I had none left
So I googled how to make them.
They are just dehydrated!!!
Packed in olive oil
Some with spices,
Some not.

I could do that.

There are methods to make
Them in the oven or a dehydrator.
My air fryer happens 
To be a dehydrator as well.

Most recipes wanted you to
Occasionally pull them out
And dip in red wine vinegar.
After reading the recipes
And the reasons...

I could do that...
And I could do easier.

So I grabbed the 4 tomatoes
I bought from the reduced rack
For $0.99!!!!!
I sliced them thinly
And placed them on the baking tray,
Not the rack because I was
Going to add spices.

I covered them in
Kraft Classic Herb salad dressing
Which was what was in the fridge.
This was my oil, spices and vinegar!

Now I selected
Dehydrate fruit
And I let the machine do it's job.

At the 2 hour mark
They were half the size already.

The dehydrator stopped
At 4.5 hours and they were
Perfect  and enough for
2 recipes with enough oil 
And seasoning left to jar 1\2
Without adding anything else.


"Bon Appetit!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Bread (known as challah, houska or chalka)