rhubarb sauce

It is the end of May
And here we are 
with an abundance of rhubarb.

I offered to make stewed rhubarb
For a 90+ year old lady,
And found this SUPER easy,
Anyone could do this recipe!

So dice up some rhubarb.
**I heart today that 1 good rhubarb stalk
Equals 1 cup.
I filled a counter top turkey roaster
Which is about 12 cups+.


I added 2 bottles of no-name
Pancake syrup.
I kept the temperature at 300
Stirring constantly.
**note For the first hour you could
Smell burning sugar as it splashed
Up on the sides of the pan.
Do not scrape off.


At 2 hours, 
my rhubarb was getting soft.
I used my hand blender
And pureed it down.

First taste test was soooo yummy.

I then continued letting it cook down
And pureed one more time
With my hand mixer.

Then I canned some!

I am excited to be having this for
Dessert tonight on ice cream.
It would also be delicious
On pound cake or on angel food cake!
What about in a trifle
With some fresh strawberries?

The original recipe had 2 suggestions:

If you want a redder colour
You can add ground beet powder.

If you would like a more complex flavour 
You can add cardamom.

"Bon Appetit!"

**1 roaster = 7 - 750ml jars 
and 1 sample container

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Bread (known as challah, houska or chalka)