caprese chicken

I like cooking, and now that some processed items cost the same as the stuff requiring my work, I have been taking some shortcuts!!!
So watch for "I used" items.


Bake 8 strips of bacon to cooked but not crisp in a shallow baking pan. *I cheated and used a bag of maple leaf precooked crumbled bacon*

Place 4 boneless chicken breasts cut in half, into bacon drippings.

Brush with olive oil.

Place one leaf of basil on each piece
*I sprinkled with Italian seasoning*.

Cover the meat in thinly sliced tomatoes.
*note: I think a can of diced tomatoes would work if needed*

Top lightly with shredded mozzarella cheese

Bake at 350 for an hour covered.

Remove lid and cover each piece with a slice of mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 for 20 more minutes.

Serve with a big salad and thick slices of fresh bread.

"Bon Appetit!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Bread (known as challah, houska or chalka)