TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced chives (I only had dried
- 2 large tablespoons parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat and toss into bread
- Mix well
- Mash potatoes using milk
- Stir in the bread, potatoes and chives.
- Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole.
- Top by sprinkling with parmesan cheese
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Yield: 6 servings.
We all agreed that this was yummy, but would be excellent if crumbled bacon had been added. I also thought instead of parmesan on top, that a sharp cheddar mixed in before baking would be really good too.