4 tbsp. margarine/butter
8 cups shaved carrot
4 stalks chopped celery
1 chopped red onion
2-4 tbsp. gingerbread seasoning or 8 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is softened.
4 tbsp. honey
1 tsp salt
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium/low
- Simmer covered for 50 minutes stirring occasionally
- Process with hand blender until it is the desired consistency
1 cup whole grain rice
- Boil to desired doneness
- Add to soup
- Stir well and serve
This recipe called for me to add the rice to the soup with the salt and pepper using the soup to cook the rice and then puree EVERYTHING. I have changed the instructions for the likes of our family. I partly pureed the soup and will add the rice before serving.