2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
4 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsps shortening
3 tbsps peanut butter
2/3 cup whole milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine shortening and peanut butter and cut then into flour mixture with a knife or pastry blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk to make a soft dough (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Turn dough on to a LIGHTLY floured board and knead slightly.
- Roll 1/2-3/4 inch thick and cut with a floured cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on an UNGREASED baking sheet 1-1&1/2-inches apart if crusty biscuits are desired (if touching, then the biscuits will be "soft-sided").
- Bake in a hot oven (425°F-450°F) for 10-15 minutes.
Served these with homemade strawberry jam......