Banana Bread in the breadmaker




The recipe actually calls for the bread to cook IN the bread maker. My experience with my bread maker is I end up with VERY heavy and dense bread.
















So I chose to mix as a dough and bake in the oven.










In a bread maker:

1 cup milk
2 ripe bananas chopped
3 cups of flour (2 1/2 cups white and 1/2 cup brown)
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon
3 tbsp margarine (or butter)
1 1/2 tsp fast acting yeast
nuts are optional

*****one of my 2 loaves will have 3/4 cup peanut butter added to it.

I set it on mix dough as I said earlier my bread machine bakes very dense bread.

Because there is yeast in it you have 3 options

1:  let it rise in the machine before moving it into 1 or 2 greased loaf pans and bake
2:  let the machine bake the loaf
3:  divide mixture into 1 or 2 small greased loaf pans and set aside to rise, then bake

Bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean.

"Bon Appetit!"


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna