Too EASY Creamy Leftover Chicken soup


I love to "prep cook". So when I am making a chicken dinner I am also cooking extra to dice up and freeze for a recipe later. If I make a cream soup and there is leftover, I freeze for the start up of another soup. Occasionally like this morning, I found both and so I am going to make a creamy chicken soup, with leftover boiled potatoes, pre-cooked cubed chicken, and a container of cream of (broccolli?) soup I found in the freezer as my base!




Before puree....

1-2 cups leftover chicken
2 cups water or broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 large carrots diced small
4 large potatoes, diced
1 cup corn
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup celery diced
1 cup chopped fresh/frozen green beans

1 1/2 cups of cream soup (canned or leftover)

and today's hidden veggie? a 1/2 small squash! peeled ad diced

Throw everything into a crockpot and simmer on low all day. It really only needs to cook for a couple hours as in my case it was all leftovers. But if your potatoes and carrots are fresh, cook until tender.

OPTIONAL: Using a handblender, or food processor, or masher......whatever you have, 
puree the contents of the crockpot adding milk as necessary if you find it too thick.

Serve with crusty bread on a cold fall day.











After puree...

"BON APPETIT!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

"Debbie's Yelling at Me to Post This" Loaded Baked Potato Soup