Too EASY Creamy Leftover Chicken soup


I love to "prep cook". So when I am making a chicken dinner I am also cooking extra to dice up and freeze for a recipe later. If I make a cream soup and there is leftover, I freeze for the start up of another soup. Occasionally like this morning, I found both and so I am going to make a creamy chicken soup, with leftover boiled potatoes, pre-cooked cubed chicken, and a container of cream of (broccolli?) soup I found in the freezer as my base!




Before puree....

1-2 cups leftover chicken
2 cups water or broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 large carrots diced small
4 large potatoes, diced
1 cup corn
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup celery diced
1 cup chopped fresh/frozen green beans

1 1/2 cups of cream soup (canned or leftover)

and today's hidden veggie? a 1/2 small squash! peeled ad diced

Throw everything into a crockpot and simmer on low all day. It really only needs to cook for a couple hours as in my case it was all leftovers. But if your potatoes and carrots are fresh, cook until tender.

OPTIONAL: Using a handblender, or food processor, or masher......whatever you have, 
puree the contents of the crockpot adding milk as necessary if you find it too thick.

Serve with crusty bread on a cold fall day.











After puree...

"BON APPETIT!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna