Mediterranean Sausages **with grapes?????

Ok. This is weird for even our cooking group. BUT I just gotta try it!

Preheat oven to 350. 



1 1/2 pounds of red seedless grapes (we used a cereal bowl full and I think that is way more than needed)
1 16 oz tube of polenta cubed (we used par cooked turnip cubes)
1 onion sliced into thin wedges
1/2 thinly sliced (or diced) green pepper
1 cup frozen corn
1 tsp fresh rosemary (used 1/2 tsp dried italian seasoning)

2tbsp olive oil

In an ungreased baking dish add the first six items and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss gently.

6-8 sweet/hot italian sausages

Using a fork, prick each sausage in several places. Add to baking dish pressing lightly into mixture.

1-2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (2tbsp wine vinegar and 1/2 tsp sugar heated = 2 tbsp balsamic)

Bake covered for 1/2 hour and 1/2 hour uncovered or until sausages are cooked. Drizzle with vinegar and toss gently. 

I served this with an orzo and rice mixture, I made up with fresh celery and onions from leftovers.

"BON APPETIT!"

Comments

  1. This was really good! I was expecting not to like it, bt we ate everything! I mentioned in the recipe that I thought 1 1/2 pounds of grapes was too much! about 1/2 of a cereal bowl would be right!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna