2 cups grated carrots
1 (14.5oz) can bean sprouts drained (we bought fresh and weighed them)
1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups finely diced cooked chicken
4 tsps cornstarch
1 tbsp water
1 tbso light soy cauce
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp brown sugar
1 pinch cayenne pepper
16 egg roll wrappers
nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat; cook and stir carrots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, green pepper, green onions and garlic until vegetables are crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken until heated through, 3-5mins
3. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, 1 tsp oil, brown sugar and cayenne n a small bowl; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir, cooking until sauce is thickened, about 2 mins; remove from heat.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture on the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper. fold sides down center and roll tightly. (Coat edges with egg to help seal) Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. Spray top of egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray or with egg.
5. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 10-15mins
***Suggested use is ground chicken or turkey, make sure to pinch the ends of the rolls. Cook the meat prior to with the garlic and onion and heat up the sauce before adding it to the mixture. May need to double it for the amount of carrots used.***