- 1 pound macaroni
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 14 ounces extra sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided*
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes**
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
*I used whatever cheese we had left in the house. The mixed flavors were delicious.
**I used diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, gave the mac n cheese a bit of a bite.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, warm soup and add milk; stir. Add 1/4 of cheese to soup and remove mixture from heat when cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add macaroni and tomatoes to soup; stir and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is a golden brown; serve.