Roasted veggies

I have noticed my tastes changing in the last year. I appreciate home cooking more now than before the illness last year. I guess not being able to eat for months on end, makes you appreciate the taste of food more.

I took:
6-8 large potatoes
4-6 carrots
1 small turnip

Dice all veggies into large pieces and place in layers into a roaster, drizzle with oil and sprinkle (I was heavy handed) with italian seasoning.
I served this with fried pork chops and apple sauce.

Everyone loved it. Including a fussy little eater named Chloe.


Now knowing it is better to cook once and enjoy twice, I puposely made too much!
So tonight, I took those leftover potatoes and threw them in the crock pot.
I added:

1 can of corn (or frozen)
1 box of beef broth
2 stalks of diced celery
1/2 onion chopped

and 4 diced fast fry steaks diced and lightly browned in some of the beef broth.

Add to the crock pot and heat for 2-3 hours......

Judy came back for more.

"Bon appetit!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna