Magic Mix (Gluten Free Options)

After hunting high and low for a condensed Cream of Chicken soup locally I decided to look for a recipe online where I could make my own and not worry about sodium and other yucky stuff in cream soups.. and make my own Gluten Free Condensed Soup.

I started with a recipe for:

Magic Mix

2 1/3 cups Dry Non-Instant Powdered Milk
1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (Note you can use regular All Purpose if you don't need GF)
1 cup Butter, at room temperature

1). Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

(It really resembles cornmeal if you ask me)

2). Using a whisk attachment, mix ingredients together slowly at first, then gradually increase speed until incorporated.


3). Keep mix tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.



Here it is all jarred and ready to be stored in my fridge. I just need a label and an expiry date on it. 

This recipe as well as others are also posted on my blog as we are now on this gluten free journey but I thought I would share it over here also. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Bread (known as challah, houska or chalka)