We've been making this quick and easy salad for over 10 years now.
1 pound of ground beef
Taco seasoning (optional)
1 pepper (can be green, red, orange, yellow or maybe a little bit of each)-chopped
2 pieces of celery-chopped
1/2-1 Tbsp of butter
1 head of lettuce-shredded
450g of cheddar cheese-shredded
1/2 large bottle of Russian salad dressing (or 1 full small bottle)
1 Bag of crushed up tortilla chips
Sour cream to top.
1. Cook up the ground beef and drain the grease. If you'd like a little bit of flavor, add in one of those small packets of Taco seasoning.
2. After chopping the pepper, onion and celery, saute them together in the butter before adding them in with the ground beef. Set aside.
3. Shred the lettuce and the cheese.
4. In a large bowl, add ground beef and vegetable mix, shredded cheese and lettuce. Mix.
5. While mixing, add in handfuls at a time of the tortilla chips to crush with the spoon. Also start adding the Russian dressing.
6. When finished, the dish will often become cold. If you wish it to be warm, just throw it on a plate and into the microwave for 20 seconds. Top it all off with a dollop of sour cream.
Note: If there is a chance of leftovers, save some chips for the following night. There's no need to use the whole bag at once. The chips will bring back the crunchy sound.