When a friend asked me what recipe was good using shrimp, I had no clue. So what did I do? Searched online and found this recipe for her. I decided to try it out myself though when creating it, Mum and I both had to try and figure out how much of certain things. Here it is though.
2 cups instant rice
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
40-60 Count cooked shrimp
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Butter (we decided on 4 Tbsp. Best bet is to use 3)
Shredded cheese of your choice (Recommending Monzerlla or marble)
- Remove tails from shrimp.
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside.
- Chop onion and pepper, sauteing together and set aside.
- Melt garlic & butter in a frying pan and fry the shrimp until hot (or until butter disappears).
- Mix rice with Soya sauce of your preference. Add in onion and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a deep oven-safe dish, put a layer of rice in, then a layer of shrimp, then a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat until there is no more rice and shrimp, top it all with another layer of shredded cheese.
- Put in oven until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven, serve right away or store in refrigerator. It goes great with cheesy garlic bread.