Fennel Salad

2 servings
Preparation 5 min
140 calories per serving

1 fennel, very thinly sliced (360 g)
2 tbsp Classic Vinaigrette (recipe below)
salt and pepper to taste

Remove the stalk and feathery leaves.  Thinly slice with a mandolin, then place in a serving bowl.  Pour the classic vinaigrette over the fennel, then add salt and pepper to taste.  Toss and serve immediately.

Classic Vinaigrette
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3-1/2 tbsp. wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Shake or mix well for 1 minute.
Will keep at room temperature for 1-2 months


Recipe is from http://www.soscuisine.com/

I thought I might like this salad because I have had cooked fennel before but . . . it was just okay . . . I doubt I will make it again.  I found that fennel has a flavour that is a little too "perfumy" for my liking.  If I was served this salad at someone else's home I wouldn't spit it into my napkin though . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna