Grover's Chicken and Couscous with Juice-Juice

Believe it or not, I got this recipe from my two-year-old daughter's Sesame Street cookbook, called C is for Cooking:  Recipes from the Street.  What I like about this cookbook over most of the other cookbooks I've seen geared toward kids is that it's not full of junk-food recipes or recipes for food that is "dumbed down" to appeal to kids.  I don't believe in kid food.  If we can eat it, so can she, unless of course it's ultra-spicy, in which case I'd just simply tame hers down.  I don't cook a separate meal for her.  Now, as I step down off my soapbox, I present a cutesy-sounding recipe that was actually very tasty and worthy even of being served to company.  That Grover, he knows what he's talking about.

Enjoy!!! :)


Grover's Chicken and Couscous with Juice-Juice
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 scallion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup uncooked couscous
1/4 cup golden raisins

Directions

  1. Mix together 1/2 cup of the orange juice, honey, soy sauce and garlic.
  2. Add chicken and marinate 20-30 minutes at room temp or 2 hours in the fridge.
  3. In a medium saucepan, combine remaining orange juice, broth, scallion, oil and salt.  Bring to a boil and stir in couscous and raisins.  Cover pan, remove from heat and let sit for at least around minutes.
  4. Broil or pan fry chicken until cooked throughout.
  5. Serve chicken over the couscous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna