1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp minced ginger
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp cornstarch
dash crushed red pepper flakes
1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved
4 boneless pork chops
1 bunch scallions, white and tender green parts, sliced
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
salt and pepper
- Combine the ginger, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, pepper flakes and pineapple juice in a microwave-safe casserole dish; whisk until smooth
- Transfer the pork chops to the casserole dish, turning to coat. Cover with lid.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes; stir gently and add the pineapple chunks.
- Cover and microwave for 5 minutes longer, rotating the dish halfway if your microwave does not have a turntable
- Let the meat stand 2 to 3 minutes to cool. Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and seasons with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.