This was super easy to make and you probably have everything in the house already to make it, which is a real bonus in my opinion.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins Yield: 6 servings
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups cooked rice (instant is fine)
1/2 cup golden raisins, optional (I did not include)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Stir together the sugar, flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Add the rice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil, about 10 mins. Boil for 2 minutes longer and remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Slowly add 1 ladle of the hot pudding mixture into the eggs, briskly stirring the the egg/pudding mixture. Still off the heat, pour beaten egg and pudding mixture back into the rest of the pudding. Mix thoroughly and quickly. Add raisins if you using and cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Return to the pan and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot, warm or chilled.
Yum!!! Daughter (2 1/2) loves this.