Cold Veggie Appetizer Pizza

There are many versions of the out there, but here's my variation.  I have been known to eat a couple of pieces of this with a salad for lunch or supper, and it makes great "picky" food too. It makes a great potluck offering, too.

Ingredients:

2 packages Pillsbury crescent roll dough
1-2 cups of chopped raw veggies of choice (I use red pepper, zucchini, green onion, broccoli and shredded carrot)
about 1/2 a tub of garlic and herb cream cheese (you can use more or less depending on your taste of course)
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella usually, but use whatever you like)

Directions:

  1. Open both packages of crescent rolls, one at a time, and unroll dough side by side onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  press down on perforations so that it forms one solid sheet of dough.
  2. Bake at 325 for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.  Set aside to cool completely.
  3. Spread cream cheese over dough, leaving a small border around much like you would expect from pizza.
  4. Cover cream cheese with chopped veggies
  5. Finish with shredded cheese, cut into squares, and serve.
Happy Eating!!

Comments

  1. A sample of this recipe was delivered to my door by surprise. When I opened it, I saw the cream cheese and thought, I'll try a bit and let Judy have the rest later (not a fan of cream cheese)

    Judy never got any! This was delicious and would be lovely at a pot luck dinner. YUMM cream cheese and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also made it with spinach dip as the base instead of the cream cheese, but I prefer the cream cheese. Gives you an uption though!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna