Butterscotch Crunch

This was something I chose to make (still out of the same Good to Go Cookbook) for a number of reasons.  It contains peanut butter (which I would just about die for), it was easy for my two-year-old to help me with, and it was fast.  Best of all though, it was TASTY!!!  Sweet, so cut the squares small, but it is really an easy treat if you need something for a bake sale or just for a girls' night treat.  So, here goes....

Ingredients:

1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, it doesn't matter -- I used smooth)
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup salted peanuts (I used salted cashews)

Directions:

  1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, place chips and peanut butter.  Microwave for 30 second to 1 minute, until chips are soft enough to melt into the peanut butter and create a smooth mixture.  (My advice:  Taste the mixture at this point!  It's ooey and gooey and delicious.  Not that I'd know.  I'd never do such a thing, but I'm just saying.....)
  2. Add nuts and cereal, stir to combine.
  3. Pour into 8-inch square pan lined with foil, parchement, wax paper or plastic wrap.  Chill until firm, which only takes an hour or so, and cut into squares.
Happy Eating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna