Fresh Apple Cake Loaf

From cooks.com

I've been talking about this recipe for a couple of days because it is just so simple and so delicious . . . so I figured I better hurry up and get it posted here.

1 3/4 c. apples
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. raisins (optional)

Peel, core and chop apples to measure 1 3/4 cups. Add sugar and let stand for 10 minutes. Add melted butter and egg. Add flour and dry ingredients, including raisins if desired. Mix well. Bake at 350 degrees in a lightly greased loaf pan for 1 hour (or until done).

I used 1/2 c. chopped walnuts in place of raisins. I just doesn't get much simpler than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna