Fresh Apple Cake Loaf

From cooks.com

I've been talking about this recipe for a couple of days because it is just so simple and so delicious . . . so I figured I better hurry up and get it posted here.

1 3/4 c. apples
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. raisins (optional)

Peel, core and chop apples to measure 1 3/4 cups. Add sugar and let stand for 10 minutes. Add melted butter and egg. Add flour and dry ingredients, including raisins if desired. Mix well. Bake at 350 degrees in a lightly greased loaf pan for 1 hour (or until done).

I used 1/2 c. chopped walnuts in place of raisins. I just doesn't get much simpler than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

"Debbie's Yelling at Me to Post This" Loaded Baked Potato Soup