Banana Nut Bread Recipe For A Bread Machine
(found online and altered)
Although this is called bread, it is more of a cake.
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 mashed over-ripe bananas
2/3 cups sugar
2 - 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup walnuts chopped
1. Into baking pan of breadmaker add first 5 items in order.
2. Select"basic dough" setting; press"Start"
3. Allow to mix and then press "stop."
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Press "start" again.
6. When beep sounds after 5 minutes, add nuts.
***NOTE: I never wait....
7. The"Complete" light will flash or beep when batter is ready.
8. Place mixture in greased loaf pan or 2 small greased loaf pans.
9. Bake at 350 for 55+ minutes.
**note when the knife was inserted into the bread and came out slightly gummy, I turned the oven off but left it in the oven until it was partly cooled.
10. Turn bread out onto cooling rack.
11. Cool completely, slice to serve.
Banana-Chocolate Chip Bread:
Prepare bread as above, when beep sounds, add 1/3 cup chopped chocolate chips instead of nuts.