Hoping to do a little "Shrinking" next week...

So, in an effort to try to prevent my legs from turning blue as a result of too-tight jeans, I'm trying to keep my diet in check. No, I'm not swearing off of all of the things I love, but we'll just have a more on again, off again relationship rather than a steady thing. And I'm on a mission to find healthier versions of the things I love the most, which is why I have become a fan of the Hungry Girl daily e-newsletter and other healthy-but-realistic recipe sources.

To that end, I've chosen Eat, Shrink and Be Merry by the Podleski sisters and the Hungry Girl cookbook for recipe sources for this weekend's/next week's cooking. Here are a few recipes I'm hoping to try from the ES&BM cookbook. I'll post some from HG later tonight (It's on my bedside table and frankly I don't feel like going to get it). Will post the actual recipes as I try them.

Na-cho Ordinary Taco Salad (page 39)
The Squash Court (Butternut squash soup with orange and ginger)
Livin' on the Vedge (roasted veggies with lemon couscous)
Loaf Potion #9 (cranberry-orange loaf with zucchini, carrots and walnuts)

Sounds yummy, right? Here's to a healthy week!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna