Chili Tortilla Stack


The proportions in this recipe depend on what you have in your fridge, how big the dish is you are making this in, and your preferences, so I'll just list the ingredients and once you read the instructions you'll be able to gauge how much you'll need. Or, you could do what I did and use up stuff from the fridge!

I used:

1 package small flour tortillas (about 8)
1/2 to 3/4 of a 14 ounce can refried beans (I used vegetarian)
2-3 cups your favourite chili recipe or canned chili (I used my own homemade chili)
2-ish cups shredded cheese (I used marble)
1/2 cup corn (thawed if frozen, drained if canned, left alone if fresh!)
Jar of salsa

Optional, for garnish (but they make it really, really good)

Diced tomato
Chopped green onion
Ranch dressing
Shredded iceberg lettuce

In a casserole dish, layer:

Tortillas (torn to fit)
Refried beans
Tortillas
Chili
Salsa
Cheese

Repeat layers until your dish is full or your ingredients run out, whichever comes first. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until cheese on top is bubbling and layers are warmed through.

Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing into wedges. Top each piece with chopped tomato, green onion, and shredded lettuce. Drizzle with ranch dressing, and enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna