Slowcooker Turkey Tortilla Soup




First this could be chicken tortilla soup just as easy. I made our tortilla soup with leftover turkey breast from our weekend meals.

Shred or dice up turkey
1 can corn
1 quart tomatoes (canned by me)
1 can tomato paste plus 3/4c water
1/2 quart jarred salsa (or small jar)
2 cups beans (I used navy beans but you can use canned ones too)

I put in all ingredients in the slowcooker added some cumin and garlic to taste. Cooked on high for 5 hour.

I served it with shredded cheese, dollop of sour cream on top with tortilla chips (homemade) but you can use store bought.

UPDATE: Since I am getting asked about the chips in the soup... I thought I would let you all know how I did them... I took a tortilla and cut it into slices with my pizza cutter... put some oil in a pan... and put the tortilla in the oil to brown them up... I think it might be easier to brown the tortilla up first before cutting next time... but is turned out well and EVERYONE at my house loved this soup! it was even better the next day.

Enjoy,
Annie

Comments

  1. Thank you Annie! I can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to have the recipe for the corn chips. Please share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna