Here's an interesting roast recipe and a side dish to complement it . . .

Just received an email from a friend, Tim McNulty, who swears by this recipe.

"Hi Pam, I see that your are into trying new recipes you might want to try this one. Medium size roast in slow cooker, add 2 can's Coca Cola or Pepsi, 1 large package Onion Soup Powder. Cook on high until done (left mine for 5 hour's on high then set to keep warm). As a side I prepared 2 cup's white rice and 2 cup's brown rice like you normally would and then mixed in 1 can each peas, mushroom's, corn and 1 can drained dice tomatoes. Season to taste with Soy Sauce, Parsley, Basil and Thyme. Bake in Caserole dish for 30 to 45 minutes at 350. At first I thought the Recipe for the Roast was a joke but it is actually good, being single I am always looking for new easy recipes that have left over's to get me through a few day's. "

"Had the roast for supper tonight, it was sweet but very tender. Next time I think I will cut back on the Cola and try 1 can and a equal part water. The rice I have done numerous times, I have even added left over meat from previous meal's and served it as the supper instead of using it as a side. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna