Apple Dumplings

This was from a cookbook called Blue Ribbon Recipes, a book from which I will be making a few more recipes in the very near future.

Ingredients:

2 apples, cored, peeled and quartered
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
Cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Wrap each apple quarter in one triangle of crescent roll dough. Continue until all 8 quarters are wrapped. Place dumplings in a round baking dish.

Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring sugars, water, and butter to a boil. Pour over dumplings. Sprinkle cinnamon over top. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes and serve warm with cream, if desired.

Notes: The original recipe, as written, called for 2 tubes of crescent rolls. To my calculations, that equals 16 triangles of dough for 8 pieces of apple. I'm assuming it's a typo, because I used only 1 tube of dough and it worked out great.

Also, this makes a LOT of sauce, which makes me wonder whether the typo was in the number of apples that should have been used (maybe four instead of two?). I think the sauce recipe could easily be cut in half with successful results. But really, is too much butter and sugar ever too much?

I used cinnamon AND nutmeg, only because I LOVE nutmeg. It was yummy.

I served it with Cool Whip. Would also be delicious with ice cream or fresh cream.

Comments

  1. I had these today!!!! Everyone in the family would love these....so simple and tasty....hope here is leftovers for tea tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna